We’re lucky enough to work close to the ocean. At lunch, you’ll often find the Inverse team ocean-side with a feast and a fork, listening to the water as it laps around us. Nothing like a bit of sunshine on the skin, and sea-salt through the hair. But not everyone can be so lucky!
If beautiful, effortless, salt-water-sculpted wavy hair is what you’re after, there's a good chance you have all you need lying around, without needing a beach or expensive chemical-ridden products.
Here’s what you need
- Spray bottle
- 1 cup hot water
- 1-2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, argon oil (or ½ of each!)
- ½ tsp leave-in conditioner (something without nasties!)
- Dab of pomade or water-based gel (optional)
Here’s how you do it
- Add hot water to the spray bottle – just hot. It doesn’t need to be boiling!
- Measure our all your ingredients and add them into the bottle
- Shakey-shakey until it’s all dissolved – a minute or two will do the trick
- Spray liberally onto towel dried hair
- Scrunch and admire
- Use when your hair is damp, not soaking wet
- If scrunching isn’t getting you what you’re after, try a lose braid or bun while it dries.
- Don’t over work your hair – scrunch as necessary and let it air dry
- Want a scent? Pop in a drop or two of your favourite essential oil
- Sea spray is great for touch ups between washes! Combine with Inverse and you’ll have fabulous hair every day of the week
It’s that easy! Now go forth, spray, scrunch and conquer your day. You got this.